COVID 19 Grace!

It can be really easy for me to become overwhelmed every time I watch something on the News about COVID 19.  This is pretty easy to happen, since updates on this are everywhere. It is on every News channel. They even interrupt regularly planned shows to update you on a daily basis!

If that's not enough, COVID 19 seems to, ultimately become the main topic in almost every conversation with others. There have been times that it has been on my mind, trying to figure out what I should do to minimize the likelihood of being infected. 

Having lots of brief prayers and some longer prayers about this, Christ has given me COVID 19 Grace! He calms me down and lets me know that He is ultimately in control. I have gotten the suggested safety items, stocked up on necessities, and tried to limit unnecessary interactions. Instead of turning to fear, or food, to deal with concerns about the COVID 19, I need to focus on Christ and His will in my life. I'm of the opinion that if it's the time Christ wants to take me to heaven to be with Him, it will be in His timing and not a second earlier! 

Instead of being fearful of the ultimate outcome, I need to focus on Christ and having the relationship with Him that shows His influence on my life. Additionally, in that others are panicked about COVID 19, Christ wants me to be an example of how He works in my life. This may ultimately help others turn to Him with their concerns and fears rather than anything that might be counterproductive. I am so thankful Christ has giving me this COVID 19 Grace! I really feel He has given me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding, because it would have been really easy to be stuck in a somewhat constant state of fear and panic, but Christ has replaced that with calm in the midst of all the News reports, daily updates, and negative conversations. Try it. Christ can calm your fears!!!

Example of a Brief Prayer

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11

I was with someone who was scooping up some free popcorn. They didn't ask me if I wanted any. The person told me that I should get a bag of popcorn and then took it from my hands. They wanted me to get the popcorn for them to eat later.

It's such a silly thing, but it really did irritate me. Didn't that person think about whether I wanted some or not? Couldn't they have asked me if I wanted some before they took it from my hands? I found myself getting frustrated at that person. Then, it popped into my mind that that's not what Christ wants of me. He wants me to be gracious to those who irritate me, but I was too frustrated to be gracious at that moment.

What I prayed was, "Popcorn Grace," and immediately Christ calmed me down, so that I didn't respond to the person in a less than positive manner. Although the "Popcorn Grace" prayer was very brief, I was asking Christ to please give me grace with this popcorn situation, so I would respond in a gracious manner, and He did! It amazed me that He knew and understood my brief prayer and granted me that grace, so I could be more gracious as an example of how He works in my life! I have continued to use these brief prayers which are changing my life and my response to others. If Christ can do this for me, He can most certainly do it for you, as well. Try it...what can it hurt?