News Too Loud Grace

I was trying to watch You Tube videos to insert into one of the other Christian blogs that I felt led to create. My husband said that he wanted to watch the news. We talked about us mutually keeping the volume down on the TV and the computer, so that we both could hear what we were watching.

Well, need I say more? The volume kept being too high for me to hear the videos to see which were the ones I needed to insert into the blog and had to keep reminding him. Then, Christ showed me that I needed to be more accommodating and less frustrated. Although I didn't say a specific brief prayer, I was reluctantly open to the suggestion that Christ had in my mind when He gave me the News Too Loud Grace. I told my husband that I could turn my computer off and do it another time, if my viewing videos was keeping him from listening to the news and he said it was fine. 

That was a very gracious thing for him to say, when he could have said, "Yes, please close out of your computer, because I can't hear the news very well," but he didn't. It gave me a deeper appreciation for my husband and his thoughtfulness, which I don't always focus on as much as I should. 

Example of a Brief Prayer

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11

I was with someone who was scooping up some free popcorn. They didn't ask me if I wanted any. The person told me that I should get a bag of popcorn and then took it from my hands. They wanted me to get the popcorn for them to eat later.

It's such a silly thing, but it really did irritate me. Didn't that person think about whether I wanted some or not? Couldn't they have asked me if I wanted some before they took it from my hands? I found myself getting frustrated at that person. Then, it popped into my mind that that's not what Christ wants of me. He wants me to be gracious to those who irritate me, but I was too frustrated to be gracious at that moment.

What I prayed was, "Popcorn Grace," and immediately Christ calmed me down, so that I didn't respond to the person in a less than positive manner. Although the "Popcorn Grace" prayer was very brief, I was asking Christ to please give me grace with this popcorn situation, so I would respond in a gracious manner, and He did! It amazed me that He knew and understood my brief prayer and granted me that grace, so I could be more gracious as an example of how He works in my life! I have continued to use these brief prayers which are changing my life and my response to others. If Christ can do this for me, He can most certainly do it for you, as well. Try it...what can it hurt?